Tuesday, September 8, 2009

White Hair Sexy?

I haven't been updating as much lately because to be honest, I haven't had overly much to say. Sadly I haven't made it out of the city yet, and I still haven't seen very much. A fact that is becoming embarassing to say the least.

So instead of telling stories of drunken nights, I figure instead I'll talk a bit about K-pop. K-pop can probably be best described as very formulaic. They're definately sticking to a known style of music that inevitably becomes very popular. My kids will probably be more likely to talk about the 'hip-hop' (and believe me, I use that term very loosely with these bands) bands "2NE1" and "Big Bang". They were created by the company, YG entertainment, who at some point decided that Hip hop was an untapped market in Korea and decided to form the 5-boy band: Big Bang. They were of course a hit, and so YG decided to create a female counterpart, having just released the band 2NE1 this year.

Because the music is so formulaic there is a definite 50% chance of you liking the song or at least having it stuck in your head. It wont change the face of music like Bohemian Rhapsody, but it will be your favourite guilty pleasure.

The latest hit is "Heartbreaker" by G Dragon (the leader of Big Bang). G Dragon is famous for having a different look for every song/album release. Sorta like Madonna... but perhaps you'll find yourself staring at G Dragon a whole lot more.


>>



As you can see he looks a bit like an anime character, and I honestly can't tell whether I find this sexy or not. I think so? In Korean music videos, the dance moves can make the song more popular than the song itself. So you'll find that every video will have signature dance move :D. In case you can't tell, the signature move would be the running move he pulls off twice in the vid.

So what do you think? Is G Dragon's new look hot?

2 comments:

  1. The fact that they're Korean gives it some novelty, but the sad truth is that they're still just a boyband. I do think the dancing in K-pop is pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that they're Korean gives it some novelty, but the sad truth is that they're still just a formulaic boyband. I do however like think K-pop dancing is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete