Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Theme!


Ok, so I want to give a quick description of my new theme! Of course it is now winter (not really for us) and soon it will be Christmas. My blog theme is reflecting the new things that I've learned about Koreans and winter.



First off, Korean buildings have no central heating. I'm also pretty sure that they don't have insulation either.

Secondly, Koreans live by two temperatures. Super hot or super cold. They hate super cold, so inevitably (thanks to portable heaters) you'll experience the super hot.

Thirdly, Korean winter fashion is... interesting. They usually just wear thin coats with layers and layers of sweaters underneath. And otherwise freak out if you wear short sleeved shirts. They don't really wear mittens, but they do have nifty earmuffs with mp3-players inside

Fourth-ly and finally, the hats. The hats are awwwwesome. And that is what has inspired my new theme. Koreans LOVE cutsey hats. Particularly the animal-themed hat. My male student has the very same hat as the old man in this picture, and this is the 'cool kid' of my class. My friends often joke about what kind of Korean men these boys would end up like if it wasn't for the 2 years of conscription they all have to take.




PS- I will be buying one of these hats for myself. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Those hats are great! (though I don't know if I'd ever wear one in public as a guy). I like your blog, keep it up.

    This is Greenkirk by the way.

    ReplyDelete